Database Migration to Cloud Platform
A leading Chemical manufacturer had different databases and needed a central source of truth. Collating business intelligence reports from different databases was challenging and time-consuming. The client also wanted to decrease hardware maintenance costs and wanted to add a disaster recovery environment.
- Implemented SAP BW on HANA platform and hosted it on the AWS cloud.
- Performed hardware sizing for hosting the solution on the cloud.
- Collated the information from Oracle and MS sequel serer databases into a Business Warehouse on HANA data lake.
- Set up disaster recovery with SAP certified AWS instance using SAP HANA DB tool.
- AWS Infrastructure monitoring was done using AWS CouldWatch.
- 90% reduction in report generation time.
- 26% decrease in total cost of operations with a could solution.
- 55% lesser costs due to cloud disaster recovery set-up.
- Ensured high availability with automated back-up and disaster recovery system.